A BEAUTIFUL STORY.
Gissler & Pass keeps up with the times without turning a blind eye to the past.
The company was formed in 1882… and a lot has happened since then.
The vision of a stable, flexible packaging material. It finally came true in 1871. A chemist by the name of Albert Jones invented corrugated board. A short while later – in 1882 to be exact – Hermann Gissler and his cousin, Carl Wilhelm Pass, founded their paper Business.
Walther Gissler recognised the enormous future potential of this manufacturing material and bought 1924 a corrugated board factory in Jülich from the Englishmen Thompson and Norris. This was an extremely far-sighted decision. Gissler & Pass quickly developed into a pioneer in the corrugated board field on the European mainland.
The expansion of the company continued after the end of the Second World War. It was in 1961 that Dr. Richard Gissler-Weber opened a second plant in Rodenberg.
saw Gissler & Pass take over the “Dürener Druck und Verpackungsgesellschaft”, the DDV, and expanded its production range to include offset laminated packaging.
the Lorsbeck plant was opened as a modern corrugated board production facility for transportation packaging.
the packaging designers at Gissler & Pass began to use a CAD computer programme in their work. – Once again the company was able to adopt a pioneering role in the corrugated board industry.
Gissler & Pass ended the company tradition of paper manufacturing and built up the main part of its business around the expansion of corrugated board packaging and displays.